What is more important than getting just the right apartment when you move to a new city or country? It is essential to have an apartment that makes you feel at home the moment you walk into the door, a place where you feel welcome.
We will help you find that special apartment in a neighbourhood that suits you best and guide you through every step from signing the rental contract to making sure you have a proper heating system.
Once you move into your main place of residence, we will make certain that you are familiarised with all the infrastructures of your new neighbourhood.
- Search for an apartment best matches your criteria, for ex. Accessibility of your place of work, your preferred neighbourhood, if it is children-friendly, etc...
- Visit together an apartment of your choice together
- Verbally translate and clarify your rental agreement
- We will be present when you first get your apartment
- Closely examine the completion certificate
- Find the proper moving company
- Preselect and apply to the school or kindergarten of your choice
- Register at the local resident's office
- Register for heating, water, electricity, telephone and the GEZ
- Open a German bank account
- Transfer all your insurances and paperwork for your motorised vehicle(s)
- Get an extensive and detailed explanation as well as written information on on all the infrastructures of your new neighbourhood such as: local transportation, shopping centres, cultural places, schools, childcare, sport centres, doctors and pharmacies, attorneys, tax offices, insurers, multilingual driving schools
- Get a 14 day trial subscription to your local press
We offer you our telephone service up to three months after your arrival in Hamburg.